Max had his 2 week check-up at the doctor yesterday. He passed with an A+! He now weighs 7 pounds 4 ounces- which means he has been eating well! He is a funny little eater. If Max is done eating, he will close his eyes and pinch his lips tight. He stays like that until I either give him to Rob or put him down. Then he opens his eyes wide and moves his lips. It is quite humorous. Max has also grown taller. He is now 20 inches long, which means he has grown 1/4". He still seems so tiny to us. We went for a walk to our friends house the other day. They have a 9 month old baby. When we saw their boy, Rob and I were both shocked at how BIG he looked! We are used to our little Max.
Max has been learning new things. If you stick your tongue out at him, he will stick his back out at you. It is so cute. He is still learning to use his hands. We do not swaddle his arms down- he will fuss until he gets them out. You can see from the pictures below, his arms are always up when we sleeps. He is still figuring out how to suck his thumb- he usually puts his whole fist in his mouth. On occasion he will find a finger to suck on. When I try and feed him, I have to battle his hands! He isn't sure what he really wants to eat when he is hungry!
The last couple of nights Max has slept like a champ. I feed him between 9 and 10 pm, and he sleeps for about 5 hours before waking up! I am like a new woman when I get 5 hours of unbroken sleep. I hope this trend continues.
Next week Rob starts back to work. It has been so nice to have him home these last couple of weeks. He is a great dad. He usually bubbles and changes Max's diaper for me. I have been spoiled to have such a good husband.
6 comments:
Great job sister and roberto! He looks like and sounds like a very funny little boy :) We've been trying to potty train mason, he has been taking his diaper off when he goes to the bathroom so we're giving it a shot...he's very funny about the whole thing and it has been a very busy, no rest time for sarah but hopefully he starts doing better quickly! It's like training a dog, we have to catch him when he starts acting like he has to go to the bathroom (usually squats down and starts grunting) or we catch him just as he's going..we have just had him running around naked the last couple days because when he has underwear on it's hard to tell when he's going vs when he's not going, it's pretty funny
He is such a cutie!! Thanks for stopping by so I could get my "baby fix." It was great to meet Max and see your adorable family!!
I love the pictures - especially the one with him sitting up with his eyes open. He is such a cute baby!! You guys are awesome parents. I can't wait to have you guys come hang out
Oh my goodness!! He is absolutely adorable and so precious! I love the second picture with someones hands around his tiny face. It is amazing that they start out that small! Isaac has more than doubled in weight now! Max does look more like Robert...sorry...but I can see you in there, too Julie! Congrats you guys! Little boys are the best!
So cute! Reminds me Jack used to always sleep with his arms up and never wanted them swaddled in.
Oh, Julie! He is just beautiful!! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience in the hospital and that all is well. I, of course, LOVE the name!!! He is just to cute, can't wait to hear all of your updates as he grows! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment