Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Boy

After Max eats, he is usually really content. I tried to take a picture of him smiling back at me after eating one morning. You can see he is looking right at me. This picture is a bit fuzzy, but you can see his little grin.


Although his mouth looks to be gaping open in this particular picture, the corners of his mouth are turned up.
I thought this was a cute picture of my boy. He really is growing up so fast. Yesterday he turned one month old!

I am slowly adjusting to life as a mom. It is quite different to think that this is not just a phase of life. I am used to having different endpoints to look forward to. For example: graduating high school, graduating college, finishing a mission, ending a school year, etc. However, with being a mom there really isn't a finish. I am trying to figure out how to grasp the concept of being a mom forever. It is a wonderful thing being a mother, don't get me wrong, just a bit overwhelming to think of the commitment and responsibility that comes with it. Lately the days have felt long. Rob has been waking up at 5:00 each day. He usually leaves the house by 5:45 and heads into the office to study for the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) test. He doesn't get home until about 6:30 at night. Trying to figure out what to say and do with Max for the whole day is difficult. I try and find productive and constructive things to do. I try and go on a walk with Max if it isn't too hot outside (I am still not allowed to exercise the way I would like to). I make meals. I clean the house. I do the laundry. I feed Max. I bubble Max. I hold Max. I read. I try and find an errand to do each day. I watch TV. I try and think of things to post on my blog! However, right now there isn't a lot of variance from day to day. If anyone has any suggestions of things to do each day with Max, I would appreciate it!

5 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

I don't have a lot of suggestions but it is funny because I think many are like you with baby #1--I was! I didn't realize until now that I could have still done the things that I did before and more because NOW is the time that entertainment, learning, and watching are important! I wish I would have done more "new" things then because you don't get much time later (only during naps!!). I love naps (for either or both of us!!). Find some hobbies or things you want to make...I made a quiet book and a cart cover after I recovered from sleep deprivation. But he sure is a cutie! Keep the pictures and info coming! When does Rob take the CPA test?

Karen said...

Motherhood is a big adjustment. (at least is was for me). Just hang in there and enjoy the moment. Soon Max will be turning 2 and you'll think what?!? Someone once said that the days are long but the years fly by. I think it is so true.

Natalie Walker said...

Come and hang out at our house!!

Unknown said...

I don't know what women do all day, I've been working lately like rob has...from about 7:30 - 8:30 everyday...Sarah tries to keep busy doing activities with Mason and also working on little projects, meeting neighbors, etc. You can call and talk to her more if you'd like!

LoriT said...

I love your thoughts about motherhood. And I don't have any suggestions for you. I've been a mom for nine years now and I still haven't adjusted. :)