Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Month Check-up

Max is over one month old! I just took him to his one month appointment, and he is doing great! He now weighs 9 pound 14 ounces (at 2 weeks, he was 7 pounds 4 ounces), which puts him in the 50%ile. He is now 21.8 inches long (at 2 weeks, he was 20 inches), which puts him in the 75%ile. I am so glad he is eating and growing, but we have loved how little Max is! Robert told him the other day that if he wants to stay small forever, he could. However, Rob is not getting up and feeding Max at night! The last 2 nights Max has slept in 4 hour increments, rather than 3. It is incredible how much better I feel with 4 hours of sleep. Actually, I guess after I finish with Max and get back to sleep, I am getting 3 hours of sleep. Big difference though. Max was also given a Hep B shot. When he got it he started to cry and he looked at me like, "How could you let them do this to me!?!" He settled down pretty quickly after getting the shot. I am sure his leg has been sore, but he continues to kick his leg all around. I am not looking forward to all the immunizations he will need, just because it breaks my heart to see him get a shot and be in pain!

Here Max is helping me with the laundry! Don't worry Mom, the dark sheet was not in the wash with the light load- it was around Max!
I am bound to get a clear picture of Max smiling one of these days. Until then, this will have to do!

3 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

Again what a cutie and SO happy! Don't worry the shots get EASIER for both mom and baby to handle. Ally only cries for a second and I don't get teary anymore! But maybe it will change back with Madison's shots? Um? Robert will LOVE the stage we are in--at least Jordan does...each stage has only gotten BETTER, which is surprising because I wanted Ally to stay little too. But now she can play, run, climb, talk, and eat by herself so it has been more fun with her lately! And when he gets older..get him a doctor set--that has made all the difference in the world for MD appts but then again hopefully your child won't have Ally's ear problems and have to go the MD as much.

Lindsey said...

It's amazing that Max is already a month old. It seems like he was born yesterday.

Unknown said...

haha we have pictures of mason in the laundry basket with the dog lol they're cute pictures! Man, he's getting so big!!