Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Waiting Game

Today I went to the doctor. I am used to waiting at OB/GYNs, but I have now had several experiences of waiting in the waiting room for 2 hours (with Max) before being called back. It is very frustrating. I try my best to be patient. In the waiting room there are signs that instruct you to talk to the front desk if you are waiting more than 15 minutes. The front desk tells me that the doctor is doing his best, but will be a while longer. Oh brother! Today after my long wait in the waiting room, I was called back. The doctor examined me and I am extremely close to having this baby. I am dilated between a 4-5. Yes, you read that correctly. Between a 4 and 5! He said closer to a 5. I am 80% effaced and the baby is almost at a 0 station. Basically, this girl could come at any time. It is now a waiting game.

On another note, last night Robert, Max and I went over to Home Depot and got a Christmas tree. I started decorating the house yesterday for Christmas. It is so much fun to pull everything out. Rob is going to put the lights on the tree tonight. Hopefully we can decorate the branches too. Once we have the tree up, I will take pictures of the house (now that it is unpacked) and post them.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, my love, how wonderful. I can't wait to see your tree or your baby. Or Max or Robert for that matter.

Jordan and Jodi said...

Oh my gosh...you brought back all the memories! I forgot about the long waits and with a toddler the wait is always longer! I'm sorry--I wish I lived closer so Max could come play with us while you go alone. I think OB offices should have toys...some do but most don't!

Let us know when she arrives! We're so excited for you! We'll talk soon!

The Larsen's said...

Wow! How exciting! I was thinking about you today and didn't have time to give you a call- I will call you soon!