Monday, November 29, 2010

The Natural State

Arkansas is called the Natural State. A few weeks ago, Robert, Max and I went hiking at Pinnacle Mountain State Park (a mere 15 minutes from our home). It was a really pretty hike. As you can see from the picture, we had a spectacular view of a lake (not sure which one it is).
 

The terrain was a bit rocky. Max liked to climb and play on the boulders.
 

We are loving our backyard. We have a few trees in our yard, but behind the fence is a "forest." It has been so much fun to watch the leaves change colors. Grandma Madsen came out to help us move in, and she taught Max how to rake up leaves. Here he is having a great time with his little rake.
 

We now have a yard big enough to hold a trampoline! Some of our friends from Texas had ane extra one, and so they gave this one to us. It has been a lot of fun to play on.
 

We are expecting our little girl to come anytime. Today she is considered full-term. I am hoping to have her before her due date on December 20. I believe I will, but I guess only time will tell. In the meantime, I have plenty of things to do around here to get ready for the holidays.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Glad you guys are enjoying it! It's actually the Arkansas river behind you :)

Alicia said...

Looks nice! Josh and I want to send a Christmas card but need your new address. Can you send it to his email?
joshuawood at creighton dot edu

Thanks!