Kate Jane Madsen was born at 12:38 am on December 10, 2010. She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces. She was 20.25 inches long. She has a head full of hair. We are so glad she joined our family. Here we are right after the birth.
Here is a picture of her first bath. I included it because you can see all her hair.
Max giving his sister a kiss.
Max saying hello to Kate. He is not sure what to think of her at this point. He knows to be soft, and he is amazed by her crying. I think he will be a great older brother.
Kate does have shoulder dystocia, which means that when I was trying to push her out, she got stuck! The doctor had to pull her arm or head (not sure which), and it stretched a nerve in her shoulder. She currently does not use her left shoulder or elbow. However, she is able to move her wrist and fingers. We will be starting physical therapy with her today. Hopefully she will be able to regain use of her arm completely.
I still need to do a photo shoot of Kate. I have been trying to catch up on sleep in my "downtime."

6 comments:
Congratulations you guys!! I love her name and she is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks.
What a doll! Congratulations again. Things will be fine with her shoulder, and we will keep her in our prayers. What a sweet time to have a new born.
Congrats! You are all beautiful!
Congrats! :) I'm so happy your MD was right about the timing! She is BEAUTIFUL! I read your text and for some reason my mind switched the name around because of Madison Jane McDonald! How funny! Cute name! We'll keep her in our prayers--poor shoulder. And yes, get some sleep---those midnight babies are really hard to recover from...we had 2 of them! :)
Congratulations!!! She's so cute! I can't believe how big Max is. He's so handsome! Hope you guys have a fabulous Christmas!!
Congrats Julie. She is adorable!
Post a Comment