Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming Mums






In Texas there a tradition to get (or make) mums for the homecoming football game. Both boys and girls were them. Girls pin their mums to their chest, while boys put their mum to their arm. Rob and I had seen these mums at the grocery store, and not knowing what they were inquired about them. We thought, at first, that they were used to put around a horses neck when they win a contest. Rob and I went to the homecoming game last Friday. I couldn't help snapping pictures of girls wearing their mums. They look so silly to me! The homecoming game was unreal. Football is huge here! The game was played at Pizza Hut Park (home of the FC Dallas MLS team). The football game has instant replay on the 2 big screens! The band at half time was really good. They displayed many different formations. The game was fun, even though our team lost. Maybe schools in Utah should start the mum tradition! :D

2 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

Yea! You have a blog! Things just aren't the same without you two joining the get-togethers! We are excited to see your experiences in Texas! Tell Robb thanks for all his help in calling his dad about the UofU.

Anonymous said...

whoa they aren't kidding everything is bigger in texas! I can't believe that's all for a high school football game :D