Before we left Utah, Robert and I went on a fishing trip to Strawberry Lake. It was so much fun! We had never been camping before. We got there on a Friday night. We found a nice campsite and set up the tent (thanks Mark for letting us use it). We then went to the lake to fish off the shore. The fish taunted us. They kept jumping and eating insects, but they never bit our bait. We went back to camp, defeated. We started up a fire to cook our tin foil dinner. I had made two, but they were so large we decided to just take one and share it. While we waited for the dinner to cook we put a movie on (yes, we had our laptops with us). We had rented the movie UHF, a hilarious movie with Weird Al. I have never seen Robert laugh so hard. He has a lot of childhood memories with it. He quoted half the movie and told me how he used different parts in assemblies when he was in high school. Each time I would get up to get something, Robert would stop me and say, "You have to see this part. It is so funny!" We laughed and laughed. The next morning we got up early. We had rented a little boat to troll with. We found a shore and started trolling back and forth. Finally I felt a bite! I yelled out, "I have a bite!" just as Robert said excitedly, "I have a bite!" We looked at each other curiously and started to reel in our line. After we both felt the line "jump" at the same time a second time, we started having our doubts that we had actually caught a fish. Much to our dismay, our lines had been tangled together. Robert got started at untangling the line. Eventually the lines were straightened out. I reeled in Robert's line and then started pulling mine in. Much to our surprise, I had a fish on! I reeled in the first fish of the day! It was a good looking fish. We continued fishing for a couple more hours, catching 4 fish total for the day. It was great fun. Robert and I went home smelly and tired, but satisfied with our fishing trip.
1 comment:
All I remember from UHF is the line about "You've won a drink from the fire hose."
I used that line a few times when Jack was a newborn and my milk came in. :)
Post a Comment