Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Harry Potter



I have been listening to audiobooks for Harry Potter in my car as I drive. I have decided that Jim Dale is the best reader in the world! He is extremely entertaining to listen to. Robert will even listen to the book while in my car (and he doesn't really "believe" in Harry Potter). Although I have read all the Harry Potter books myself, I realize that I am not nearly as interesting to listen to as Jim. It reminds me of an episode of Seinfield. George has started listening to audiobooks and he has no desire to actually read a book in his voice. He ends up ordering a finance book after claiming he is blind. When he starts listening to the book he is very disappointed... the reader sounds just like him! I know I can't expect to have a grand production each time I read, but I am certainly trying to read with more expression. If you are on the fence about Harry Potter, get your hands on the audiobooks, sit back, and enjoy!

No comments: