Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flowers

For those of you who don't know me very well, I LOVE flowers. My family and I went to the Middle East a couple of summers ago, and I have a picture of every flower I saw. When Robert and I found our home here, I was thrilled to have such beautiful flowers in front of the house. They are bright and vibrant. They bloomed all summer and spring...

Until this last Wednesday afternoon. I walked outside and saw this,

and this!
My flowers just dropped dead overnight! Now I have these ugly stems and flower corpses to look out when I go out the front door. I think I can trim them, but I am not sure. Does anyone out there know what I should do with them now? I want them to grow back next year...

2 comments:

Adam 'n' Sara said...

Just take some scissors and trim them off. They'll grow back next year if they're perennials. If they're not, you'll have to re-plant!

Rachel said...

Sasso, these look like from a Dr. Seuss book! It is so so funny. I just giggled when I saw the pictures. I think it reminds me of "Oh, The Places You'll Go"--what a funny thing. I'm sure they will come back, whether on their own or whether you plant them again! Hehe...