Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rob's Birthday

We celebrated Rob's birthday a day early as we were both home and together on Memorial Day (unfortunately, he is out of town on his real birthday, which is today). When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he replied that he would like to finish up some projects around the house. He has been wanting to finish cutting the vents bigger on the roof, but it has been raining off and on each weekend. Yesterday he got up bright and early and headed to Lowe's to rent a tall ladder. A really tall ladder! Our Little Giant is not tall enough to reach the roof on the west side of our house. He strapped the ladder onto Blue Lightening and zipped on home!

He spent the majority of the day up on the ladder and roof, cutting out bigger vent holes. He has now successfully completed that project! Our attic should now have sufficient ventilation to keep cool during the summer.

I ended up getting Rob a few gifts, but one that he has been asking for for a long time is the 2nd edition of Advanced Marathoning. Now that he is able to run again, I am hoping that he can run a marathon. It has been a goal of his for a long time now.


Rob is not a cake person. However, he absolutely loves ice cream! For his "cake" this year, I ended up getting him one of his favorite ice cream flavors- Moose Tracks! It was the easiest "cake" ever!


All and all, I think it was a fun birthday for Robert. I sure do love him! Happy REAL Birthday today Rob!

2 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That's my idea of FUN and easy! Jordan still doesn't know what he wants for his birthday, besides the game Risk but he'll have to play that game alone!!

Gillian Alcala said...

Julie - So great to find your blog! I can't wait to meet your new little one. Next time you need a ladder - call us. We have a ridiculously large ladder in the garage.